1. Keep your feelings to yourself while only confiding to only trustworthy friends. Otherwise, it will reach the wrong people, causing problems.
2. Maintain contact with friends on a regular basis, if possible. Otherwise, they may feel ignored, which may lead them to move on.
3. Make sure that the interest is based on the individual's personality and not primarily on physical appearance.
4. Never allow personal information to be easily accessible or it will benefit others at your expense.
5. Trust your instincts and judgment. Avoid emotional reasoning from influencing your decisions.
6. Hate the game, not the player because it leads to dead ends. Self-improvement and an understanding of the situation is the best way to achieve success.