There is a new way to get the old facebook back! As follows:
1) download this add-on, grease monkey, which is found here:
2) close out firefox and restart it.
3) Then get the script found here:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33638 (the link is in the top right-hand corner, it says “Install This Script”)
4) Restart Firefox again.
if you don’t have firefox you can install it here:
INTERNET EXPLORER USERS
1) Download Greasemonkey here:
2) Install the script at this page:
3) Restart IE and you will have the Old version of Facebook
After installing greasemonkey on either of these methods, go to facebook and it will probably come up as the new facebook at first, but if you wait a few seconds it will automatically change back to the old facebook! YAY! It should work for all firefox and internet explorer users if you follow the instructions correctly (but if it doesn’t, there’s nothing much i can do sorry!)
HOWEVER, PLEASE BARE IN MIND THAT THERE ARE SOME CONS TO USING THIS ‘OLD’ FACEBOOK’
• Applications do not work
• Facebook chat does not work
• It is slower than the ‘new’ facebook
To switch back and forth between the old and the new facebook, you simply click the monkey at the bottom right-hand of the page (ie. a sad-greyed out monkey face means that you are using the new facebook, and vice-versa.)
Finally, to switch permanently back to the NEW facebook:
go to ‘tools’
then click ‘disable’ or ‘uninstall’ the greasemonkey application
Thanks for reading, Hope this helps!